I read Evin's post on Along for the Ride- Sarah Dessen, and saw connections because I read the book myself. It was sort of like having a conversation with her face to face, except it was without the face to face thing. I thought that Evin sort of had the same illusions on the main character as I did, which was why I kept reading. While I was reading her post, I thought about other places where I've seen or heard the same thing that's happened to the character in this book.
Reading Evin's post was like actually being in the book that I read about two years ago, which is a good thing since then it's a reference to those who haven't read it yet, and happen to read her post, it wouldn't leave them with a question mark on their head. There was another thing I noticed about Evin's post. It had cnnections to another book- Freak the Mighty, which I haven't read, but now know what it might be like, an out of place person who knows they don't belong starts loosening up and changing before everyone's eyes.
Evin's post wasn't the first one I read, but it was the first one that I had text to self and text to reading with.
No comments:
Post a Comment